Cartier to open renovated Fifth Avenue mansion in September
The Paris-based company closed its flagship mansion for renovations in 2014 and opened a temporary storefront on 767 Fifth Avenue to continue business. The new interior is reported to have an open staircase connecting all four floors and an increase in square footage to 44,100 square feet. Two levels in the store added 8,600 square feet.
Cartier took to social media to promote the flagship reopening with a video. The video gives a very brief history lesson of how the mansion was purchased.
The French company opened its first New York City retail location in 1909, the second store for the company, and later moved the store’s location to 653 Fifth Avenue. The building was home to the Morton F. Plant before Peter Cartier purchased the building for $100 and a double-strand pearl necklace that was valued at $1 million at the time.
Copyright © 2019 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.