Natura & Co shares begin trading in next step towards Avon acquisition
Brazilian cosmetics conglomerate Natura & Co Holding S.A. announced on Wednesday that its shares have begun trading in the Novo Mercado segment of São Paulo’s B3 stock exchange, an important development in the corporate restructuring being undertaken by the company in connection to its upcoming acquisition of Avon Products, Inc.
For every share held in the company’s previous incarnation, Natura Cosméticos, shareholders have received one share in Natura & Co Holding, which is now trading on B3 under the ticker symbol NTCO3.
Following the completion of the Avon acquisition, Natura & Co’s American depositary receipts will also be listed on the New York stock exchange.
The company, which already owns the Natura, The Body Shop and Aesop brands, expects to close its acquisition of Avon Products in the first quarter of 2020, a deal which will make the structure the fourth largest pure-play beauty company in the world.
The acquisition will involve an all-share transaction which will result in current Natura & Co shareholders having approximately 76% ownership of the new combined company, while Avon shareholders will hold the remaining 24%.
“We are advancing in our governance structure with the creation of Natura &Co Holding, which encompasses all our operational businesses and brands,” explained Natura & Co executive chairman Roberto Marques. “The listing of the group both on the B3 in São Paulo and on the New York Stock Exchange, will further enhance our corporate governance structure, enabling us to move forward towards creating an unparalleled global direct-to-consumer family of companies, purpose-driven at heart.”
As Natura & Co’s preparations for the closing of its acquisition of Avon accelerate, the company also recently announced that three members of the Avon board will be joining its own board of directors once the deal concludes.
Closing of Natura’s acquisition of Avon is still conditional upon anti-trust approval in all applicable jurisdictions.
Copyright © 2022 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.