L'Officiel and GEM Group launch $50 million investment fund to back emerging luxury companies

Translated by
Nicola Mira
today Dec 8, 2017
Reading time
access_time 2 minutes
Download the article
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

Historic French fashion magazine L'Officiel and the Global Emerging Markets (GEM) investment group have joined forces for another new project. L'Officiel's publisher Éditions Jalou and the New York/Paris-based investment firm had previously partnered to launch L'Officiel's US edition, and have now set up an investment fund with a capital of $50 million, through which to promote emerging companies, already on a strong growth path, in the luxury and lifestyle industries.

A draft version of the cover for L'Officiel USA's first issue - Jalou Media Group

The fund specifically aims to back such emerging companies as they invest to expand their international operations. It will primarily target listed companies, with 75% of the endowment, while the remaining 25% will be reserved to non-listed companies.

The companies will benefit from advertising campaigns on L'Officiel's print and digital editions, available in 70 countries, and from the magazine's marketing services, including brand content generation, video production and event management.

Benjamin Eymere, General Manager of the Jalou Media Group, said: "Thanks to this unique approach, featuring content creation and story-telling on our worldwide web platform, we are able to offer an array of dynamic new tools to the brands backed by the investment fund, allowing them to jettison traditional media models and become innovators in the industry."
In October, Jalou Media Group announced the creation of the L’Officiel USA joint venture with the GEM group, to publish the fashion magazine's US edition. The magazine is led by Editor-in-chief Joseph Akel, and its first paper edition will be available in March 2018, while its website is already live.

Copyright © 2019 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.